Felt like I lucked out on Friday! Rochester published student schedules for 4th year and I got the schedule I was hoping for. Right after I found that out, Emily called telling me she’d seen an apartment that turned out to be a great fit for us, and now we’re super excited to move into a cool new place in one of our favorite neighborhoods. On top of that, Em’s 4th year schedule aligns great with mine so that we both have blocks of electives at the same, which means we could do a good amount of camping this fall! So lots of good news for when I go back to Rochester :)
Meanwhile in Lima things are cooling down, which Jeff and I are thankful for. It may seem blasphemous, but hurray for the return of cloudy mornings! We’re continuing to split our time between the two hospitals we’ve developed the closest ties with. This week Jeff was in the infectious disease ward at Dos de Mayo, following up with patients in the HIV study we’re helping with there, and looking to recruit new participants. I was with Hansel at Hipólito working on our report about endTB-1 and helping out with medication accounting. We haven’t gotten to see Hansel as much lately, so it’s nice to spend a week in the same hospital and be able to share lunches together. We’re hoping he’ll join us for a quick trip to the sandy beaches south of here on Sunday.
On Thursday night, we went to a soccer game at the national stadium between the Peruvian and Paraguayan club champions. Unfortunately the Peruvian team got its butt kicked, but we aren’t necessarily the most loyal fans (despite buying some cheap jerseys for the game) so we still had a great time! Last night we played a quick game of soccer with a new group, and then bought some ice cream on the way home, which we got to enjoy on a leisurely walk through our neighborhood. I really love walking around Surco at night, especially when it’s cooler out, because it’s so well lit with warm, yellow street lamps. I’m looking forward to having our good friends Antoinette and Will arrive in a just a couple of days, followed later by another close friend Michelle as well as Jeff’s brother and parents. It will be great to show them around and have their company!
Comments
Post a Comment